Books and Babies and Story Time are here once again!! Please remember that masks are required upon entering the library. We do have masks for sale at the front desk if you do not have one.
Thank you to the community for a successful summer reading program. It was a challenge this year to make all events covid friendly. Here is a list of our winners:
Dolly Parton Imagination Library announced that Good Night with Dolly has been reinstated. Here is the link :
Thank you to the Dillon community for your continued support during the covid-19 closure of the Dillon Public Library. We are open to the public with some provisions.
- Upon entry into the building, patrons will be expected to use hand sanitizer. If patrons do not use the sanitizer, gloves are available (patrons cannot bring their own gloves in the library). If patrons refuse to sanitize or use gloves, they will be asked to leave.
2. Staff will wear masks when close range interaction occurs. We expect this of our patrons as well, so please bring a mask.
3. There is a limit of 25 people in the library at a time.
4. If returning books, please place them in the return box located across from the circulation desk. All returning books will to be quarantined for 72 hours before they can be checked out again.
5. If you remove a book from the shelf, please do not reshelf it. Please place it in the designated boxes to be disinfected and returned properly. If patrons are disregarding this request they will be asked to leave.
6. There is a 5-book limit for checkout.
7. Only 3 people will be able to use the computers at a time. Computers available will be computer 1, 3, and 5. Patrons are guaranteed 30 min. computer usage. If there are patrons waiting for the computer, whomever has been on the longest will be asked to sign off.
8. There will be tape on the floor for those checking out and requesting a computer. Please be courteous and properly social distance while in the library.
9. Newspapers, magazines, puzzles and toys are not available until Phase 3.
We will reserve Wednesdays from 1-3 pm for vulnerable and elderly patrons. Please respect this time block to allow the vulnerable safe access to the LIBRARY
Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
Lori Roberts, Director
Hey! We have a new database A to Z Food America. Check it out. There are great recipes, Historical information about food, food facts, and cooking conversions. Use your library card for free access. Try something new and get inspired! A to Z Food America
All library events are free and open to the public unless otherwise posted. If you have any further questions about the Library’s events please call 406-683-4544.