Governor Bullock has stopped all evictions for nonpayment through April 10. You still have to pay your rent. It is a good idea to contact your landlord to come up with a plan to pay rent. You can find a form letter to ask your landlord to postpone, reduce, or waive rent because of the Coronavirus at You can also call 2-1-1 to see if you can get financial and other assistance.

To learn more, check out our COVID-19 section on If you can’t find what you’re looking for, try our smart search bar. Or call the Montana Legal Services Association HelpLine at 1 (800) 666-6899. Support free legal information for all Montanans at

Alex Clark
Community Outreach Assistant
Ph: (406) 543-8343 ext. 220

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s